Truthful Tuesday

So today is apparently "Truthful Tuesday." Great. I'm in a bit of a fog right now. Ry starts kindergarten tomorrow and it's killing me. I had no idea I'd have this reaction. I thought I'd be happy to send him to school...I know school is good for kids, especially ones that need routine, structure, and discipline like he does. I also looked forward to having a bit more me time. But instead, I'm this blubbering bundle of tears. What in the world? This only makes me question even more what kind of mother I am. I am this tower of self-doubt when it comes to my mothering abilities. I never ever ever think I'm a good enough mommy. I look at some of the other moms...their perfect hair, perfect nails, perfect make-up, chic clothes...all at the grocery store. I'm there in my sweats, hair pulled back, no make-up, struggling with 2 kids and a giant buggy. I wonder what that says about me? Lots of days we don't even put on decent clothes...we're just hanging out around the house, playing outside, doing crafty stuff...you know, getting DIRTY. Why put on decent clothes? But these other moms do. They also do it for soccer, T-Ball, and going to the mall. Am I a bad mom because I can't pull it all together? Mothering is hard work! I can't even begin to imagine doing it in heels every day.

Nikki  – (August 26, 2008 at 5:16 PM)  

Jennifer -- I am a firm believer in the fact that those women are ALIENS!!!!

I don't think that your doubts are any that other moms don't have too! I know I question myself all the time. Especially when it comes to my stepdaughter -- it's just added pressure.

Keep your head up -- as long as your babies are happy -- you are doing a great job as a mommy!

Amanda  – (August 26, 2008 at 5:20 PM)  

No, you are doing it right! You are living life with your children and not using them as an accessory. And I agree with Nikki! As long as your kids are happy!

FAITH-LED  – (August 26, 2008 at 5:22 PM)  

Ohh please! You aren't a bad mommy for that, because if you are then I am too LOL I could never be the mom who dresses up for the grocery store, let alone to stay home and play with the kids. It ain't gonna happen and trust me that's ok, do not feel bad about yourself for that EVER!

Unknown  – (August 26, 2008 at 5:36 PM)  

Awww Jennifer-Good luck to Ry!
Great to read some about your life!

Mandy K.  – (August 26, 2008 at 5:36 PM)  

Just because you don't dress as well as others doesn't mean that you aren't as good, if not better.
Don't judge your ability to mother your children by the way other moms look.
You are in there, getting your hands dirty and making memories and lives your children will look back in fondness! You don't need a million bucks for that!
I bet "those" mom's spend more time fretting about the goods on the outside to nurture the goods on their kids' insides.
You're doing it right...be proud.

As far as the blubbering, give it a year...you'll be pushing him out the door for school.
BWAHAHA!

ComfyMom~Stacey  – (August 26, 2008 at 7:43 PM)  

I didn't expect to cry when DS1 started kindy last week, but I did. And then I was so embarrassed when people asked me about it.

Don't worry about those other women. They put on a good show in public but in private they are humans who make the same mistakes you do. Some of them may even wonder why they can't be more relaxed like you

._.  – (August 26, 2008 at 8:22 PM)  

all that perfect stuff... it's just a facade ;) YOU are what all moms should be.. you care-- you're NOT a robot ;)

sara  – (August 26, 2008 at 9:14 PM)  

You're not a bad mom hon! I feel the same way and then I realized that if my daughter is happy who cares that I don't dress up for the grocery store. It's so easy to get caught up in the comparison game and get down on yourself. But I promise you it's not about how good you look when you're out and about with the kids.

Hope Ry had a great day today!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP