Wow, It's Here...

Ryan's first day of school...I can't believe it. We dropped him off a couple of hours ago and I'm just now able to sit down and actually write about it. He did so great! He's a bit shy and clingy when something's new or he's nervous...but he was so awesome today! After a bit of hanging out, he actually pushed us out the door. My tears started before we even got to the car. I just can't believe he's not here at home with me. Caroline's feeling confused, too. She keeps talking to him, then realizes he's not here. She even tried to give him a snack earlier. Poor thing, she's so used to having RyRy with her all the time that she doesn't know what to do! I guess I don't either. The house is so quiet without him...Caroline's playing and having fun, but she's just so different than him. I feel like a huge piece of me is missing and I don't like it. I keep checking the clock, counting down the hours until I can pick him up...wondering if he's having fun, if he's participating, if he's eating his lunch, if he's nervous or afraid...I guess that's my biggest fear...that he's afraid and I'm not there for him. We are so incredibly blessed that we know his teacher and about a third of his classmates from church...without that, I seriously don't know if I could have let him go. I know that today is the beginning of something big...his school career...and I hope that I've given him all the tools he needs to be successful and, more importantly, happy.

Here are some pics of him, and us, this morning. See that smile? At least one of us is happy!




Nikki  – (August 27, 2008 at 11:36 AM)  

Poor girl! I know it's hard! Colton didn't care one bit when I dropped him off for the first day of PK. :( He pretty much told me to leave. I was so sad and it's still hard to drop him off - even for a couple of hours.

I don't know what I'll do next year because he is my baby. I'll be all alone for the whole day! Right now, it's only a couple of hours!

Keep your head up girl! I am sure he's doing fabulous on his first day!

The Bennett Bunch  – (August 27, 2008 at 12:30 PM)  

Oh I know how hard this is. Just went through it yesterday. It will get better.

Traci Reed  – (August 27, 2008 at 1:48 PM)  

awwww, happy first day of school!!! it'll get better :)

Becca  – (August 27, 2008 at 1:53 PM)  

What a beautiful family!

It is so difficult to let go in the beginning!! It will get better!! When I first sent my oldest, he would cry everday when I dropped him off and I felt sooooo awful. But when I picked him up at the end of the day, I couldn't get him to leave!

ComfyMom~Stacey  – (August 27, 2008 at 2:47 PM)  

I feel it too. My oldest started kindy last week. He got on the bus without a backward glance.

It does get easier.

Tracy  – (August 27, 2008 at 3:14 PM)  

Great pics of him on his first day! I hope you are holding up ok with him gone. I think it's harder for the mom sometimes than the child.

Jacinda  – (August 27, 2008 at 3:52 PM)  

Oh, I feel for you....my own dd starts school in a couple of months, and I have exactly the same worries you do. I'm glad he found his feet though. It would've been much tougher if he didn't enjoy himself.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP