Don't mind me...

Pity Party for one??? Yeppers, that's what I have. I think I must have the worst PMS in the entire world because I am just wallowing in self pity!!! I've decided the digi-artish-stuff-world is just cruel. Because I'm not good with not being perfect. Siggy making...yep, cruel. People may not request you or they may not love what you make for them. They may not say "thank you." They may have been getting sigs from you for ages and suddenly request someone else. It may not actually mean anything. Maybe it's not a direct reflection on my abilities, but lately I'm taking it way personally. And if the siggy making world is tough, you may as well forget about digiscrapping. Because it's ruthless. So many of these girls can just blow you away with their amazing talent...and it kind of makes me feel a tad invisible. Maybe it's not getting many praises in the gallery. Maybe it's not making CTs. Maybe it's just a feeling. Yeah, yeah...I need to toughen up. Stuff like this never used to bother me. But lately, it just makes me sad and makes me doubt myself. I wonder if I'm just wasting my time. I think it all goes along with the whole OCD/gotta be perfect all the time/gotta get ahead mentality. Am I perfect? Absolutely not. Am I the best at everything I do? Nope. And that should be ok. And maybe tomorrow it will be ok. But just for today I want to continue this pity party.

Krystal Hartley  – (September 15, 2008 at 6:14 PM)  

Awww...BTDT! Many times. I don't know why we do that to ourselves, but it seems to be common.

Your blog is gorgeous, and so is your gallery! I know nothing of the siggy thing, but I'm sure you rock it. You need to go hang out with non graphic skills people so they can ooh and ahh over the magic you work with those pixels. :)

._.  – (September 15, 2008 at 6:20 PM)  

I think we all doubt ourselves.. I for one think 99% of the things I do are totally gay LMAO. I always feel inferior scrap wise because I think everyone is better than me LOL.. it's one of the reasons I really hate calls cause I'll like have 30 people in my yes pile.. and just frozen and incapable of narrowing it down cause I'll be sitting there saying well she's better than me.. and her too. .and her too.. :))

anywayz.. I babble to much. there was some point to all of that and I hope you saw it.. cause I dunno what I was saying anymore :))

Anonymous –   – (September 15, 2008 at 8:09 PM)  

Jennifer....you are so talented! I doubt myself everytime I post a layout. Or soemtimes I post one and think it's the most amazing thing ever...and then I look at the layout next to mine and want to delete mine!

If you constantly compare yourself to others...you'll never realize how truly talented you are and grow. (like I have room to talk...I do it too)

And how many CT's are you on???? :)

And siggies...oh man...that is a cruel cruel world. I only did it for three months and that is all I could take!!!

Cheer up girl.

p.s. my word verification to post a comment is omilasme...what do you think that is?

Unknown  – (September 15, 2008 at 8:15 PM)  

Jennifer-Girl your pages are WONDERFUL!
Just try and remember that you are scrapping for your family-not to impress others...
I have been scrapping for over 16 months and just now feel like my pages are worthy of my designers!
Keep up the good work girl...and don't forget, self-doubt often pushes us to a better place...

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP