Truthful Tuesday

Sometimes I don't feel like a grown up. Sometimes I can't believe I'm a wife, let alone a mom. Sometimes it doesn't feel real.

I don't know when it happens, when we grow up. Are we grown when we graduate high school? When we graduate college? Get married? Have kids? I read about this question somewhere else, and it helped me understand that feeling I have deep down that I haven't quite been able to put my finger on. It's that feeling, that nagging doubt, that I am really not a grown up.

Some days I fit that grown up mold perfectly. I cook, clean, read books to little children, kiss boo boos, drive around town, grocery shop, pay bills...all those things grown ups are supposed to do. But other days, I just don't want to face it all. I want to be selfish. I want to lie in bed all day just doing nothing. I don't want to put everyone else first. I want to just deal with me. But I can't. Because I have responsibilities. I guess that's what makes a real grown up...the ability to realize when you're being selfish and moving past it to do whatever it is you need to do. Maybe I am more grown up than I thought. But a day in bed still sounds nice.

~*Jennifer*~  – (September 2, 2008 at 10:26 AM)  

You said it girl! LOL I totally agree with you!

Unknown  – (September 2, 2008 at 10:26 AM)  

There are days when I so want to stay in bed

Anonymous –   – (September 2, 2008 at 11:07 AM)  

I agree a day in bed would be sooo nice!! Wish I could hit the lottery so we could afford someone to come in and clean for me because I really hate cleaning after doing it day in and day out everyday for years and years it gets boring and tedious.

Anonymous –   – (September 2, 2008 at 12:38 PM)  

Ughhhh, I totally know how you feel. Sometimes I look at myself and wonder where *I* went to.

Paula  – (September 2, 2008 at 4:25 PM)  

Man, it's almost like you said the words I was thinking!!

Nikki  – (September 3, 2008 at 12:01 AM)  

Wow! You have the words that I have needed for a bit!!! :)

Great way to describe the feelings of someone who has become everyone else's something.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Please leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP