My Lesson for the Day
The last few weeks have been tough. Shane's been working a lot and I've been handling all the house/kid/driving around/etc. stuff. It's tough and I'm tired. Plus, I haven't been feeling especially well. So today he offered to take the kids for the afternoon to do something fun for them while I stayed home and got some rest. It sounded like a really good idea. I figured I could read a bit, scrap a ton, and just enjoy it. Only, it's not been fun. I've been terribly lonely. It's too quiet. And I don't know if it's because I don't feel well, but I'm not motivated to do anything. In 5 hours, I haven't even opened Photoshop. Just no desire to. Isn't that strange? I have plenty to scrap, some great kits to use...but I don't want to. That's scary. I just want to lay on the couch and veg in front of bad TV...also odd for me, because I'm not a big TV watcher and there's nothing good on. So, my lesson? I miss them tons. I'm sure they'll come in and the kids will be whiny because they're hungry and tired and I'll wish for some more peace and quiet. But really, I don't want that. I just want all of them.














I get like that too. I get all excited when DH takes the kids camping but then it gets too quiet & all those things I planned to do somehow don't manage to happen
aww, my friend's like that too
sounds like you need to take a nice long nap :)
being with out the kids just takes practice! but, it is SOOOO worth it!
The joys of motherhood! Sounds like you are just burned out. I hope you get back into your groove soon.