Truthful Tuesday...Who am I?
Another Truthful Tuesday is here. I have no idea where this is going, so just bear with me. Sometimes I wonder who I am. I think I can be different people in different situations. I know some people say that they're always the same, but I just don't know if I believe that. I know when I'm home, in my sweats, hanging with the kids, that I'm mom. Just mom. If I'm on a date (gasp! this almost never happens!) with Shane, I'm dressed up, my hair is right, my makeup is perfect and for an evening, I'm a woman who loves her husband. I try to leave "mom" at home and enjoy my evening as an adult. If I'm at a soccer game or T-Ball, I'm mom, but I'm mom on a mission...also the mom who is trying to make sure all the other parents are ok, the kids all have what they need...I like to take care of everyone (and since Shane coaches, I'm always "Team Mom," so I kinda have to.). If I'm at PTA, I'm more dressed up, I'm nervous (shhhh...don't tell), and even though I'm there as Ryan's mom, I'm also smart enough to know all the moms are there sizing each other up. I want to look cute, be in the loop, etc. When I'm at church, I'm dressed up again, but this time I'm there to worship. But, in my church anyway, a lot more goes on than meets the eye. So, I deal with that and also with my questions on whether my faith is strong enough. And when I'm alone...that's when I realize that I'm still not sure who I am. I know that I am loving and caring. I know I like to give myself to others, but that I can be selfish, too. I know I like to be in charge and I have a hard time when I'm not. I know that I'm organized (mostly) and that I like things just so. I know that I have a hard time trusting people and that I'm not always a very good friend. I know I don't like talking on the phone. I know that I still don't know what I want to do with my life. I know that I love my family and that I'm so incredibly blessed to have them. I know that I'm more than a mom and a wife, but I'm just not sure what all I am yet. I wonder how anyone can know for sure...














Not sure anyone can know the answers to those questions for sure, but it sounds like you know yourself better than you give yourself credit for. I think a lot of people (well, me, for example) can relate to this. Great post!
I agree wtih Kresta! I think we're all really complex and can't be boiled down to being just 1 thing. You're all those things and even more, and that what makes you YOU and fabulous!! :)
sometimes i feel that way too.
Great post!
I don't think anyone is one thing. We're made of too many things to be able to just always be one
I don't think anyone ever really knows 100% who they are.. we are always changing, always growing... and each situation we're in leads us to show a different side of ourselves.
Or.. you know, we can just go around saying that we're wonder woman. :))
La